|Type of statistics
||Designated and surveyed statistics
- To provide basic data required for the establishment and evaluation of various policies by understanding changes in farming household, farming population, size of agricultural management and types of agriculture.
- To provide data for research, analyses and evaluation by research institutes and management bodies.
- 1949: The first complete survey as reported statistics by public officials in Eup, Myeon and Dong
- Apr. 1968: Approved for the production of statistics
- 1974: Change from complete survey and reported statistics to sample survey and surveyed statistics
- July 1998: Transferred survey compilation to the Korea National Statistical Office from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry according to the revision of governmental organizations
- 2006: Sample revision