- 1948: The Livestock Bureau, Ministry of the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries produced statistics with administrative data.
- 1968: The Agriculture and Fisheries Statistics Department produced livestock statistics.
- Feb. 1st, 1974: Changed to a sample survey for Korean native cattle?beef cattle, dairy cattle, pigs and chicken) and continued a complete survey for the other livestock (Survey cycle of cattle: 2 times a year, survey cycle of pigs and chicken: 3 times a year)
- Dec. 1st, 1975: Sample revision and segregation of livestock (Korean native cattle?beef cattle → Korean native cattle and beef cattle)
- Dec. 17th, 1976: Approved as designated statistics (No. 11423)
- March 1st, 1980: Changed the survey cycle of pigs and chicken from 3 times a year to 4 times a year
- March 1st, 1982: Changed the reference period from the end of the quarter to the beginning of the quarter (March, June, September and December 1st), and integrated 2 kinds of livestock into 1 kind of livestock (Korean native cattle and beef cattle → Korean native cattle?beef cattle)
- Dec. 1st, 1985: Sample revision
- June 1st, 1986: Changed the survey cycle of Korean native cattle?beef cattle and dairy cattle from two times a year to four times a year
- June 1st, 1993: Sample revision
- March 1st, 1998: Sample revision (4,767 enumeration districts)
- July 1st, 1998: The survey work was transferred to the National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service.
- March 1st, 2003: Sample revision (4,494 enumeration districts)
- March 1st, 2006: Changed into the complete survey which covers households raising 3 thousand chickens or more
- March 1st, 2008: Sample revision (3,068 enumeration districts)