- Q 01What information is provided through KOSIS?
KOSIS is a statistical information system in order to provide general public with an easy and convenient one-stop access to statistical information.
Korea has a decentralized statistical system. Under this decentralized system, users have difficulty in finding what they need because they do not know which statistics are produced by which statistical agencies
Now through KOSIS, users can easily locate the statistical information they are looking for. Moreover, KOSIS offers a wide variety of statistics and other information including major indicators, data visualization contents and news.
Currently, statistical data produced by 120 organizations are available on KOSIS, and more data will be added to KOSIS for continued expansion in service. In case of its english version, official statistics on 186 subject matters are provided
- Q 02What statistics are currently produced in Korea?
- As of 03.29.2017 (1:00), official statistics on 1001 subject matters ( 94 designated statistics and 907 general statistics) are officially approved under the Article 18 (or Article 20) of the Statistics Act. These statistics can be distinguished by the method of collection/production. 436 statistics are collected via surveys while 462 statistics are administrative statistics. Remaining 103 statistics are derived statistics. 823 Statistics — of these 61 are produced by KOSTAT — are produced by government agencies while 178 statistics are produced by designated organizations that are non-governmental.
- Q 03How can I download statistical data as a file?
When you inquire statistical tables, a menu will be shown at the upper part of the screen.
Through this menu you can download data in any kind of file.
- Q 04I can’t open data visualization contents.
- There are some cases where data visualization contents will not display when automatic updates for Flash do not function due to firewall installed on business or governmental networks. For instance, you may find other browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer) to work, if the contents you wish to access do not display on Chrome. However, you will eventually have to manually update Flash. To update your Flash player, please go to http://get.adobe.com/kr/flashplayer/.