I am a student working on Construction and Building trends in Asia.
I could find the total area and total buildings in South Korea on Kosis. But I need Total area of buildings to be segregated by use and by Province.
Could you please help me with the Area by use and by province in South Korea from 2010 to 2020? Latest data appreciated.
Also, could you please help with the definition of the following terms used on KOSIS -
1. Building data: Other as a type of use - what businesses fall under Other?
2. Commencement of works data - What is the definition of Commencement of works? and why do we have fractions in one of the columns for Commencement of Building Construction by Year There is no header for the column in fractions
Thanks & Regards,
Statistics Korea / 2021-09-16
Thank you for visiting the KOSIS website.
Data on the total area of building by use and province are provided only on the Korean-version KOSIS website.
1. In statistics on Building Permission and Commencement Works, "Other" includes storage and treatment facilities of dangerous materials, motor vehicle-related facilities, etc.
2. In statistics on Building Permission and Commencement Works, the commencement of works means starting construction according to construction plans after getting construction permits or finishing reporting construction. Therefore, statistics on commencement works represent data on buildings whose construction has been being in progress.
3. In relation to the missing headers of the column in the table titled "Commencement of Building Construction by Year", 'Number of buildings' on the left column and 'Total area' on the right column will be added as soon as possible.
Thanks for your comment.